Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Daughter's first softball game....A Very Proud Daddy!

Today was a very good day for me as I was able to watch my daughter play in her very first softball game. I was so glad to see that she made the team and she has done so well at left center and at second base in her "rookie season". When she went up to her first at bat she kept a real good solid stance and the first ball pitched to her was called an outside ball. She had made contact twice on the next two pitches but both were foul balls in opposite directions. Then 3 straight pitches called for balls and she drew a walk. Then she stole second base as the catcher was fumbling with the ball (she paid attention). She then tried to steal third base but was caught in a pickle play. However luck was on her side as the third base girl threw the ball into center field. Caty proceeded to and safely went into third base. Then when her next at bat came up she was not so lucky this time. She found herself in that "old baseball legendary batters position" that consisted of three balls two strikes and 2 outs. next came the pitch and then...and then... and then she swung out. Her team (Belleville Bombers) lost 16-1 in 5 innings. She didn't cry about striking out and she didn't say much of anything because she was smiling. She just looked at me and grinned. After the game Daddy was given the celebratory hug and kiss from his happy little daughter as she could barely contain the excitement of her first game ball game ever played. She wasn't concerned about winning or losing...she was just happy to play and have me there with her and cheering her on.

As for my Son's baseball season...well those games starts this Saturday. Now I have to split myself in two because they both have games together on certain dates! Anybody know of a good cloning scientist?

3 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

awesome.

Play at the Plate said...

Excellent!! I'm right there with you with my son playing his first season. Good luck to both of them...and you to see both play!

The Big Kahuna said...

Thanks and good luck to your little guy and to you as well!