Saturday, October 1, 2016

Ever growing NHL collection continues....

Today I would like to share with you what I've been adding to my personal hockey collection.

Let's start with this goaltender right here:


This is Frederik Andersen who is the current goaltender for the Toronto Maple Leafs and was the goalie for the Anaheim Ducks. Frederik was was selected in the third round of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, and was picked 87th overall by the Anaheim Ducks. I enjoy collecting goalies and Frederik has become a "focused player" in my ever growing NHL collection and this is the second "Cup" card that I've purchased. The first "Cup" card that I purchased was of this former NY Rangers player Brian Boyle:



Here is another NHL goalie that I enjoy watching stonewalling wingers and centers:


This is Carey Price who is the current goaltender for the Montreal Canadiens. Carey was selected fifth in the first round of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft by the Canadiens. I obtained this card through a box of SP Game used that I had purchased from Blowout cards. It must've been a Canadiens hot box because I pulled an Alex Galchenyuk authentic rookie auto and then I pulled this card also:


So are you a "wing-man"? Do you like to be the "center" of attention? Do like the"brick-walls"? Who do you collect from the NHL?

more to come.......

3 comments:

Fuji said...

Nice pair. I collect my favorite team... the San Jose Sharks... as well as California Golden Seals/Oakland Seals stuff. I also have a Ryan Miller and Paul Kariya collections. And although I haven't formally announced it... I've been PC'ing Joe Sakic, Martin Brodeur, and Mike Modano for a few years now.

The Big Kahuna said...

Oh you would be proud of me then because I added Matt Nieto and Chris Tierney to my hockey collection. I've also been a fan of Patrick Marleau. The guy has played with San Jose all of his career and I respect that tremendously.

With who you mentioned up above I have a good story for you: I will never forget opening a box of 1997-98 sp authentic hockey when it first came out and this was like my first major hockey purchase ever and when I opened that box my hands were shaking a little and then they were shaking heavily because I ended up pulling 3 "sign of the times" autograph cards of Martin Brodeur, Patrick Roy, and Dainius Zubrus. Then in my final pack I saw the "congratulations" speech UD has on the back of the cards and it was a "Mark of a legend auto". I didn't read who it was right away because I just closed my eyes to make sure I was not dreaming. Now with my wife being Canadian she was giggling like a little school girl as soon as she saw who it was. She's like, "honey you definitely pulled a big one." I looked and saw a famous hockey god so to speak. I had just pulled my first ever Wayne Gretzky autograph. It felt like the hockey card gods blessed me beyond all reasons. I wish I would've kept that card because it was my first major star auto ever but when you have a newborn that blows through diapers quicker than your paychecks you take care of things. It's like it was the ultimate hot box. I've never pulled that many star cards from a box quite like that one since then.

Fuji said...

Holy cow... talk about a hot box. I've pulled Roy and Zubrus autographs before... but never a Brodeur. And most certainly not a Gretzky. In fact, I just recently (maybe last year) purchased my first (and only) Gretzky autograph.