Friday, December 16, 2011

Words from the Big Kahuna and the Fate of "Enough Already"

First off I want to say, "Thank You" for all the kind words/emails/cards/support from my fellow bloggers, family and friends. It has been a very hard time for me personally and it's a wonderful feeling to know there is a support network behind me lifting me up! Thanks so much!

It's been a month today since my mother has passed away but it feels like it was just yesterday when everything happened. The children took it very hard at first but have been doing much better as time passes. My fiancee has been my rock for me and I can't begin to thank her and her whole family enough for the love and support they have given to me. As for my Aunt Pam (my second mom!) she has helped me to deal with the emotional side of things and has been "my therapist" at nights (she drives truck at night) and also the person to make me laugh when all I want to do is cry. What has made things so hard and very difficult for me is that a week after my mother was buried my Step Father had confessed to me that he was seeing someone already (thus after 24.3 years of marriage to mom). The whole thing in a nutshell is all the evidence leads me to think, feel, and believe that it this "relationship" was going on when mom was still alive. What makes me believe this relationship had prior existence is when I confronted my Step Father about it and as we discussed more details about it he won't fully answer me which leads me to believe that it was happening when Mom was with him and that he doesn't want me to kill him OR it wasn't happening then and he's still afraid I will kill him for dating so soon after mom's passing. Either way he has no remorse for his auctions and that's what drives me up a wall. He just keeps telling me that he needs a companion and cannot be alone. Then he has the balls to ask me to help get the house cleaned up as he's ashamed of how the house looks so he can bring this woman over for a visit since she's never been to Belleville before. I'm freaking speechless at this point. Personally I felt like putting him into a grave ( and most folks would've at this point ) but then I think about how Mom would've handled it and that is the path that I have decided to take with him. I told him that I forgive him for what he has done and I have already collected most of Mom's things from the house and I told him outright that I would be back in a few months to collect the last of mom's stuff and that you and me are finished. I also told him, " What you did to mom was tasteless, dishonorable, sick, and that you're a spineless bastard. I don't want anything else to do with you and you have no idea how lucky you are that I do not have you sitting at the bottom of Raystown Lake for what you did. Not only that but what kind of a woman see's someone who's wife just passed away?  Oh and by the way....You said you wanted the house cleaned up right? Why don't you and your new girlfriend clean the house yourselves ". I have not heard much from my step father since our confrontation and hopefully he gets the point that I do not care to hear from him ever again. I walked away using the one thing that my mother always taught me growing up and that was to always forgive the other person. She'd always say, " forgive the other person no matter how hard it may be at the time but forgive them and do not let the hate/anger destroy what is in your heart. Walk away knowing you took the high road ".

And now regarding the fate of E.A.: My good friend Ryan is going to be stepping in my place for the time being. He's new to the world of blogging so be gentle with him------LOL! So I'm giving the reins to Ryan..........gonna let him drive the buggy for a while........handing him the bic lighter..........passing him the stogie.........letting him take charge for a bit............letting him slip a few in............letting him drive for a while with the 8-track cranked up............letting him have seconds............letting him into the circle of trust.........well you get the point. Hey we're night workers - would you expect anything less from us? I'm also stepping away for a little while to get refocused in life as my emotions have been all over the place lately. It's gotten to the point where I broke down and bought a box of Topps Tier One baseball. God what was I thinking by buying a box of this product. I just have one question regarding this product: HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET A REDEMPTION CARD FOR A RICKEY HENDERSON JERSEY PATCH CARD PARALLEL? REALLY.......REALLY.......REALLY.......REALLY. Sorry Topps but you guys dropped the ball on this product. Definitely not worth the $85.00 a box. I pulled a Chris Young auto limited to 75 and an Anthony Rizzo auto limited to 999 and a redemption card for a Rickey Henderson jersey patch card. I could see the necessity for a redemption if it was autographed but to me that's just plain laziness on Topps part by not having the product ready for shipment. OH I KNOW......Topps was still manufacturing the patch and didn't have it done in time to ship out. LOL! Freaking TOPPS! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Thanks guys for hearing me out! Ryan........have fun with it!

4 comments:

dominicfdny said...

You are a stronger man than i to handle it the way u did i couldnt have been as nice. take care and come back soon

Play at the Plate said...

It's scary how familiar I am with your situation and I know it's not easy. Don't be a complete stranger from the blogs, but take care of yourself.

Dawgbones said...

Wow... I'm speechless... Good luck... and I'll 2nd PATP, don't be a stranger from the blogs

Contrary Guy said...

See you when you come back Tim!

Kevin